Our client is seeking a Senior Director of Oncology (Biomarkers) Clinical Research position in Woodcliff, NJ!
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company that has a U.S. research-based healthcare branch. They specialize in helping patients with their products in the oncology and neurology space. The company is currently expanding, holds an excellent employee retention rate, and has a promising outlook for upward-mobility in their organization.
The Senior Director of Biomarker/Translational Medicine will support the company’s oncology group through clinical research. The individual must drive development results by leading international project teams, delivering upon the agreed objectives, relating to quality, time, and cost. The Director must be a “subject matter expert” in their field, understanding how to resolve issues and developing results through project leadership. This role will lead the clinical study teams as well as the biomarker diagnostic team. The position is expected to share external-market perspectives among their team and company-wide if necessary.
- Attend IPT team as an IPT representative or extended-members
- Develop and review the clinical biomarker and companion diagnostic strategy and protocol.
- Clinical biomarker/companion diagnostic management / operation
- KOL/CRO/Vendor communication / Biomarker analysis
- Contribution of any documents in a study team
- Defines project vision and strategy for achieving that vision, and engages and motivates the team to buy into the vision and execute strategy through clear and persuasive communication skills
- Leads problem-solving across the projects: facilitating team(s) to identify issues/propose solutions
- Collaboration within the company (including cross-functional project teams) as well as with the company’s business partners – including other pharmaceutical firms, vendors (eg, companion diagnostic providers), and academic research groups
- Ensure that the group has the information required to achieve the group’s business objectives
- Provide technical insight as needed to ensure progress towards goals
- Contribute innovative thinking and brings an external market perspective to the execution of the task
- Engender trust and respect from direct reports, peers, colleagues, and senior leaders across the company by communicating openly and honestly
- Motivate exceptional performance
- MD or Ph.D. in a related field
- 10-15 years of Medical and/or technical development expertise within a major therapeutic area with significant industry and/or academic experience
- Specific experience of Biomarker and Companion Diagnostic in the oncology therapeutic area
- Significant experience of leading clinical trials and clinical study teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams and working knowledge of other functional areas (e.g., clinical operations, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, regulatory, pre-clinical and marketing)
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.