We have an excellent opportunity for a director of R&D laboratory with a global leader in the in vitro diagnostic field, in a highly desirable location.
Our client is seeking a Director – R&D for Reagents!
Our client specializes in diagnostic IVD Point-of-Care instruments in blood management and hemostasis testing. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future- perhaps even internationally!
The R&D Director must have experience in Hemostasis or blood related IVD field. They will work with a team to plan, design and conduct complex and advanced experimentation, design and formulate IVD reagents and assays for POC instruments. The R&D Director will have good experience in design control and product development of new products as well as supporting existing products.
- Scientific lead or contributor to projects (research, development, control, analysis) for product discovery, development, launch and support
- Lead investigations of on market product issues; meet specific investigation and program objectives
- Plan, design and perform complex experiments and preparations in the laboratory; adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Independently compile and analyze data; prepare reports and present suggestions and recommendations to management
- Develop details and lead approach assignments with consideration of schedule, cost, reliability, simplicity, manufacturing methods and effectiveness
- Liaise cross-functionally and with external contacts; attend and lead meetings as necessary
- Participate in planning, leading and defining new systems, processes and/or methods
- Mentor R&D team members. Supervise direct reports in the lab in the execution, design and interpretation of experiments.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the field of hemostasis and coagulation; keep abreast of new developments.
- Lead scientific discussions both internally and externally; contribute to scientific publications in peer reviewed journals, external conferences and/or scientific patents where applicable.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with the Company’s quality system requirements through training and adherence to policies, procedures and processes
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant postgraduate degree and training (PhD required) in IVD and the area of coagulation.
- Minimum of 10 years previous medical/in vitro diagnostic research experience required
- Assay development experience in Hemostasis or blood related IVD field preferred. Prior experience in industrial laboratory setting required and experience with coagulation reagents and instrumentation a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of design control processes and familiarity with GMP required.
- Exceptional investigative ability and analytical skills is a must
- Expertise in designing and conducting experiments with antibodies, coagulation proteins, platelets, peptides and enzymes is required
- Must possess an understanding of physical and chemical parameters of proteins and lipids; knowledge of the stabilization and optimization of activities of proteins and enzymes as required
- Superior technical writing and documentation, communication, interpersonal, analytical, and presentation skills are essential
- Computer literacy required; knowledge of Microsoft Office (including extensive Excel skills) and significant management systems required
- Must be flexible and creative
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision; must also be able to work as part of a cross functional team.
Qualified Candidates, Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.