Our client is seeking a Director – Bioanalytical in Kalamazoo, Michigan!
Our client is a CRO that uses the latest technology to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. They hold an excellent employee-retention rate and offer competitive salaries and bonus structures. This position allows for upward mobility in the future, provides regular training and promotes a teamwork-driven environment.
A Director – Bioanalytical is responsible for: managing, mentoring, and providing strategic leadership and direction to a staff of employees; preparing annual budgets and monitoring monthly forecasts, and implementation of new research activities and techniques; strengthening the core services provided to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agrochemical and industrial clients. The individual in this position is also responsible for client relationship development; using scientific expertise to assist with business development activity; working with business development staff to develop and execute a strategic plan identifying areas or growth. In addition, the Director – Bioanalytical maintains procedures, systems and processes necessary to comply with Good Laboratory Practices. This position may be delegated the authority to perform Test Facility Management functions.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize scientific data, interpret and prepare reports of results of chemistry projects and communicate in a timely manner with sponsor representatives, study directors, management and laboratory staff to ensure client timelines and needs are met.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of HPLC/MS/MS to the analysis of small molecules pharmaceutical agents in body fluid
- Thorough understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory requirements for analytical support of studies at various stages of drug development.
- PhD in Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 5 years previous
- Experience in a management role or a master’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a management role
- Proven leadership experience in supervising a diverse group of professional scientific employees
- Strong coaching and staff development skills, preferably in the pharmaceutical or CRO environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.