Our client is seeking a Senior Scientist R&D near New York City!
Our client specializes in diagnostic IVD Point-of-Care instruments in blood management and hemostasis testing. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future- perhaps even internationally!
Fully competent in one or more scientific/technical areas. Plans and conducts scientific assignments requiring mastery of specialized techniques.
- Applies scientific method and experimental design in problem solving. Uses scientific expertise to provide solutions to a broad range of difficult problems. Solutions are original, thorough and practical. Frequently communicates progress status to supervisor.
- Performs complicated or demanding assignments requiring specialized knowledge. May offer solutions that are creative and/or inventive.
- Defines short and mid-term objectives and implements plan to accomplish objectives.
- May direct the work of other personnel.
- Maintains accurate, precise, and legible laboratory notebooks. Frequently communicates status updates across the organization. Maintains good documentation. Writes reports and technical summaries. May represent company to outside organizations.
- Continually broadens professional expertise through comprehensive knowledge of scientific literature and competitive products.
- Handles broad assignments and objectives under minimum supervision. Accomplishes short-term objectives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Duties require broad use and application of scientific principles, theories and concepts in field of expertise. This may be acquired through completion of a Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent. Professional experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform all duties and responsibilities at the Scientist II level.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside contacts. May represent company to outside organizations on technical issues.
- Functional and Technical Skills, Oral and Written Communications, Managing and Measuring Work, Personal Learning, Problem Solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and negotiating skills
- International travel is NOT required; travel less than 5% of the time domestically
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.