Our client is seeking a Medical Director (Metabolic) in Boston, MA!
Our client specializes in treating rare disorders/autoimmune diseases in the pharmaceutical industry. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future.
The Medical Director will advance the understanding of the medical landscape in relation to the rare disorder and treatment and support the development and implementation of appropriate strategies within the country aligned with the Global Medical Affairs strategy for the overall Metabolic franchise. These activities include, but are not limited to, medical strategy and launch planning, life cycle management data generation, publications, scientific exchange, advisory boards, medical insights, and thought leader development. Lead on the situational assessment and the US product strategy development including harmonization of activities involving KOLs.
- Define medical resource needs, and manage budget planning and resource allocation
- Conduct advisory boards, develop and maintain relationships with top thought leaders, and utilize medical insights from the field teams to inform the Medical Product Plan.
- Deliver and execute local Medical Product Plan aligned with Global Medical Product Plan.
- Ensure timely country publication planning and communication activities in supportive of Global Medical Affairs strategy.
- Identify and implement appropriate high-impact medical research projects to support the strategic objectives, including company–sponsored and investigator-initiated projects
- Collaborate with global medical education team to localize (and develop as needed) medical content for scientific exchange by field medical team
- Provide appropriate and timely medical affairs support to key commercial and reimbursement activities aligned with strategic priorities.
- Review and approve promotional materials to ensure information is accurate, relevant to the Country's environment, and ensure medical accuracy.
- Support medical information function, ensure timely response to medical information inquiries and collation of requests, utilizing global medical information resources and in line with local regulatory requirements and company policy.
- Ensure effective team communication, performance and documentation of medical affairs activities and knowledge through the application of suitable reporting systems and structures
- Identifying training needs in collaboration with key stakeholders and ensure implementation of medical training programs for the field medical team as well as other cross-functional members as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations to manage the in country Clinical Operations Lead role and ensuring their activities are prioritized to meet the clinical operations and country objectives.
- Medical degree (M.D.), Pharm D or Ph D
- Minimum of 5+ years in medical affairs
- Product lifecycle management experience preferred
- Orphan diseases knowledge/experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead successful cross-functional teams in changing, competitive environments
- Demonstrated ability to influence important customers, challenge common perceptions and implement medical affairs tools to improve patient care and outcomes
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical/scientific literature and develop effective medical strategies and communication strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in early and late clinical development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both local language and in English
- Adaptability to multicultural environment
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.