MSL – WEST COAST
If you are an experienced, strategic MSL, we have an opportunity with a leader in the development of novel therapies to treat infectious disease.
Our client is seeking a Medical Science Liaison (Medical Affairs) for Infectious Disease on the West Coast!
Our client, a leader in developing technology-based solutions for the treatment of serious infections, holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures, with strong mentorship within the organization. The company culture provides a nimble environment driven by collaborative thinking and problem-solving to address a global public health crisis.
This position will be a scientific resource capable of conducting high level scientific and strategic interactions across product and disease states with external thought leaders as well as internal stakeholders. MSLs support medical education, training, clinical, non-clinical and health economics and outcomes research for company products. The MSL ensures appropriate scientific exchange, develops peer relationships with thought leaders and content experts and provides balanced scientific support to healthcare professionals on behalf of our client’s Medical Affairs in the New England region. The MSL has a deep understanding of the scientific trends within the infectious diseases and acute care environment and routinely synthesizes their scientific field insights and communicates to the appropriate headquarters-based colleagues (Medical Affairs, Senior Management, Corporate Communications, Clinical Research, Business Development, etc.).
- Thought leader development for the organization by fostering mutually productive, sustaining and compliant relationships across different types of healthcare organizations including: National and regional healthcare systems, integrated delivery systems, payers, and group purchasing organizations.
- Communicates medical insights and feedback gathered from scientific exchange and relevant information to define, update and support medical affairs strategies.
- Participates in and/or leads teams that drive tactical activities aligned with the medical affairs and company strategy including: product medical strategy, training, antibiotic stewardship, research (clinical, non-clinical and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and microbiology.
- Leads efforts across organization to keep abreast of latest scientific, disease state, emerging therapies and healthcare landscape information and uses this information to provide value to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Leads development and communication of scientific data to diverse audiences including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key stakeholders in hospitals, managed care organizations, government, group purchasing organizations and integrated delivery networks.
- Identifies and facilitates opportunities for data generation activities through investigator-initiated research (IIR), Registry, and Medical Affairs-sponsored studies for research that is aligned with the company’s strategic focus.
- Participates in medical writing functions including drafting and reviewing medical information standard responses, scientific abstracts, publications, scientific slide decks, etc.
- Participates collaboratively with commercial functions to provide scientific support to health care practitioners and training for speakers and sales force as needed.
- Attends & participates in medical/scientific meetings & conferences for the purpose of providing medical information booth coverage and/or keeping informed of latest scientific data & healthcare evolutions to provide insights that inform strategic directions.
- Leads and facilitates advisory boards and other activities that inform strategic directions.
- Maintains cross-functional collaboration with internal functions & field teams to provide scientific expertise and advisement to Clinical Research, Clinical Operations, Product Teams, Commercial, Corporate communications, etc.
- Uses technical expertise to support team, departmental and customer needs, and to effectively fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements.
- Cultivate partnerships with Advocacy Groups and other Professional organizations as needed.
- Actively participate in the development and use of key performance indicators and metrics to assess the value of the MSL based on the agreed upon team goals and objectives.
- Takes responsibility for delivery of Medical Affairs goals.
- Advanced, doctoral level degree: PharmD, MD, or PhD
- Minimum 5-10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience in related areas (Medical Affairs, Research & Development, Pharmacology, Medical Scientific Liaison) and/or clinical/academic experience in infectious diseases or other acute care setting (patient care focused)
- Post graduate, fellowship or residency training in acute care, infectious diseases or critical care or equivalent clinical experience
- Experience leading projects and interacting with cross-functional teams
- Experience presenting/publishing scientific data to clinicians and health practitioners
- Experience in clinical, non-clinical and/or health economic research
- Experience working with large healthcare systems and payers
- Ability to routinely travel; position will be based remotely and can reside anywhere within the territory.
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.