Our client is seeking a Project Manager (Lumbar Fixation) near Philadelphia, PA!
Our client is a medical device company that specializes in complex spinal pathology. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future.
Plan and manage a large multi-functional product development project and/or several small multi-functional product development projects. The position requires strong, enthusiastic leadership skills in a highly technical medical instrument product development environment. The position requires regular interaction with scientists, hardware engineers, software engineers, technicians, marketing/sales, quality, manufacturing, vendors, administrative personnel, and senior management. Requires confidence to lead strong technical engineers and scientists in a dynamic, interactive and energetic workplace. Directs the project team in a manner to achieve the business results expected. Receives guidance on unusual and complex problems whose solution exceeds the approved project boundaries. Authority of position is that required to carry out assigned duties, except where expressly reserved by the senior management personnel or Corporate/Divisional Policy.
- Provide technical and team leadership to one or more cross-functional project teams, including planning, scheduling, assignment of work, and technical support within the project area
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, clarifying and defining scope of work and project specifications, utilizing deliverable milestone methods and critical path scheduling, conducting resource planning and allocation, and developing task and project estimates
- Generates a project plan that meets business objectives and the design control process, while maximizing resource efficiency
- Responsible for conducting regular project team status meetings and reviews
- Ensures deliverables are completed and documented
- Identifies the need for and implements changes to the project plan that are within approved project boundaries
- Responsible for coordination of technical resources to identify the root cause of any project issue, and develop and manage a plan to fix, test, and implement an appropriate solution through completion
- Responsible for ensuring project risks, both technical risks and management risks, are identified and appropriately addressed within the project plan and by project control methods
- Develop risk mitigation plans
- Regularly assess and report the status of overall project risk
- Creates and maintains file to current phase ensuring accuracy
- Responsible for project communication to both the project team and executive management
- Able to resolve project team conflict through the application of good listening skills and negotiating skills
- Able to remove oneself from the problem
- Fosters creative, professional climate that will maximize the contributions of the technical staffEnsures that adequate equipment and material resources are available to advance the project and achieve goals and objectives
- Works with other project managers to make the best use for the business of shared resources
- Responsible for ensuring adequate oversight and control of vendors providing development, test or technical services that support the project
- Works with functional management to conduct performance appraisals and coaching for project core team members. Provide regular supervision for assigned Project Integrator
- BS Degree, MS/MBA preferred, in a technical or management discipline; additional course work or certification in project management is desired
- Requires full and comprehensive knowledge of the complete product lifecycle, including all aspects of product development from conception to manufacturing introduction
- Experience in the development and release of at least one successful product launch of a medical instrumentation product is desirable
- Eight years product development experience, including three years in successful technical leadership, project coordination, or project management are required
- Having a BDM mindset is a plus
- Sales experience is a plus
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.