Our client is seeking a Senior Medical Director in Boston, MA!
Our client specializes in treating rare disorders/autoimmune diseases in the pharmaceutical industry. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future.
The Senior Medical Affairs Director will provide support for strategic planning and leadership in the US for our client’s programs. Responsible for providing strong scientific and medical support with an in-depth understanding of the Nephrology/Hematology medical landscape. Support the development and implementation of the short and long-term strategy, practices and infrastructure aligning with the overall medical affairs strategy and effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead on the situational assessment and the US product strategy development including harmonization of activities involving KOLs.
- Develop in-year medical strategy and tactical plan for the US Medical Affairs team.
- Implementation and budget plan for US Medical Team initiatives.
- Provide medical strategic recommendation for in-line life cycle management (LCM) and late phase pipeline programs.
- Support registration program working closely with GMA and geographically expansion strategy
- Develop medically appropriate commercial strategy/tactic, planning and execution.
- Support TA lead with team’s performance in terms of goals and delivery of US medical plans
- Lead content development and presentation for external medical education programs and other Medical initiatives.
- Develop, conduct, or participate in therapeutic training programs
- Medical affairs review of field medical tools, internal commercial training material.
- Medical affairs review of congress executive summary report.
- Establishes strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest and serves as conduit for flow of information both out to the medical community and into the company.
- Must have a MD, PhD or Pharm D level degree or equivalent
- Experience leading Medical Affairs function
- Proficient in Medical Governance, with extensive regulatory and compliance experience leading a Medical Affairs organization
- Strong people management and leadership skills acquired in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, both internally and remotely
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record and ability to drive results as an effective a team member and project leader
- Previous Clinical Operations experience (design and implementation of clinical trials)
- Proven ability to manage budget and resources
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to build partnership access between HQ and affiliates
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and negotiating skills
- Must demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm which brings a positive approach to all challenges Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Travel required up to 40%
- Scientific and technical acumen in Nephrology or Hematology
- Health Outcomes Research/Reimbursement Experience
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.