Our client is seeking a Senior Staff Scientist in San Diego, CA!
Our client specializes in diagnostic IVD Point-of-Care instruments in blood management and hemostasis testing. The company holds an excellent employee-retention rate and offers competitive salaries and bonus structures. And this position allows for expansion and upward mobility in the future.
The R&D Senior Staff Scientist should have experience in Hemostasis or blood related IVD field. They will work with a team to plan, design and conduct complex and advanced experimentation, design and formulate IVD reagents and assays for POC instruments. The R&D Senior Staff Scientist will have good experience in design control and product development of new products as well as supporting existing products. Responsible for supervising and developing Research Associates by providing guidance and direction.
- Scientific lead or contributor to projects (research, development, control, analysis) for product discovery, development, launch and support
- Lead investigations of on market product issues; meet specific investigation and program objectives
- Plan, design and perform complex experiments and preparations in the laboratory; adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Independently compile and analyze data; prepare reports and present suggestions and recommendations to management
- Develop details and lead approach assignments with consideration of schedule, cost, reliability, simplicity, manufacturing methods and effectiveness
- Liaise cross-functionally and with external contacts; attend and lead meetings as necessary
- Participate in planning, leading and defining new systems, processes and/or methods
- Supervise and mentor R&D team members. Supervise and develop direct reports in the lab in the execution, design and interpretation of experiments.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the field of hemostasis and coagulation; keep abreast of new developments.
- Lead scientific discussions both internally and externally; contribute to scientific publications in peer reviewed journals, external conferences and/or scientific patents where applicable.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with the Company’s quality system requirements through training and adherence to policies, procedures and processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant postgraduate degree and training (PhD/research-based MSc) in the diagnostic and the area of coagulation.
- Minimum of 10 years previous medical/in vitro diagnostic research experience required
- Assay development experience in Hemostasis or blood related IVD field preferred. Prior experience in industrial laboratory setting required and experience with coagulation reagents and instrumentation a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of design control processes and familiarity with GMP required.
- Exceptional investigative ability and analytical skills is a must
- Expertise in designing and conducting experiments with antibodies, coagulation proteins, platelets, peptides and enzymes is required
- Must possess an understanding of physical and chemical parameters of proteins and lipids; knowledge of the stabilization and optimization of activities of proteins and enzymes as required
- Superior technical writing and documentation, communication, interpersonal, analytical, and presentation skills are essential
- Computer literacy required; knowledge of Microsoft Office (including extensive Excel skills) and significant management systems required
- Must be flexible and creative
- Must be self-motivated and can effectively work with minimal supervision; must also be able to work as part of a cross functional team.
Qualified Candidates Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.