We are working with an industry leading CRO who is looking for an experienced professional to join them in a collaborative approach on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
Our client is seeking a Study Director for Safety Pharmacology near Columbus, OH!
Our client is a CRO that uses the latest technology to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. They hold an excellent employee-retention rate and offer competitive salaries and bonus structures. This position allows for upward mobility in the future, provides regular training and promotes a teamwork-driven environment.
The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in the field of cardiovascular physiology (cardiac electrophysiology experience a plus) whose experience has been gained through a combination of academic and laboratory research settings. In addition, the candidate will have experience with ex-vivo preparations (e.g., isolated heart preparations and/or isometric tissue bath assays), cardiovascular biomarker collection and analysis, cell and/or tissue electrophysiology, and proficiency with data acquisition/analysis software (e.g., EMKA and DSI) is preferred. This position will require a candidate with strong leadership skills and demonstrated publication history in the field of cardiovascular physiology (Safety Pharmacology) preferred.
- Function independently as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
- Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
- Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
- Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies with minimal assistance.
- Function independently as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
- Assist in the oversight of the laboratory and mentor technical staff in areas such as protocol interpretation, method development and refinement, study-related problem resolution, and technique validation.
- Review reports for peers as needed.
- Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
- Ability to work with/lead multiple teams and/or working groups within the Safety Pharmacology discipline.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- May supervise research and/or scientific staff, as appropriate for scope of responsibilities.
- Perform testing facility management duties for the site as delegated by senior management.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or Ph.D./D.V.M. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 to 9 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry. Safety Pharmacology study director experience preferred.
- Electrophysiology experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience/ability with ex-vivo and tissue bath (aortic ring) assays preferred.
Qualified Candidates, Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process